Omega-3 fatty acids are Dr. Oz’ #1 recommended supplement, and they didn’t make the top of the list by accident. These essential fatty acids (EFA), found in cold-water fish oil, are nothing short of miraculous in their powers to heal and restore.
Recent research shows that the best fish oil supplements provide the following benefits:
1. Anti-inflammatory. Works almost as well as Advil.
2. Increases insulin sensitivity. Translation: helps reverse diabetes.
3. Reduces cholesterol
4. Reduces blood pressure
5. Reduces stroke risk by 50%
6. Lowers triglycerides (the fat floating around in your blood)
7. Lowers risk of death, heart attack and abnormal heart rhythms
8. Reduces joint stiffness, increases grip strength and increases walking pace for people with arthritis
9. Reduces osteoporosis (soft bones), and can actually increase bone density
10. Reduces symptoms of bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, ADHD, skin disorders, inflammatory bowel disease, asthma, macular degeneration, menstrual pain…
11. Reduces risk of breast and prostate cancer
REMEMBER: Not all fish oil supplements are created equal.
In this video from the Dr. Oz Show, he points out that a full 1/3 of all omega-3 supplements failed independent testing for safety and quality, either because they didn’t actually contain the ingredients they claimed, or because they had actually spoiled well before their expiration date, which can cause adverse health effects. He then recommends two specific brands of fish oil capsules that passed both his own criteria, and rigorous independent testing by Consumer Labs.
Interestingly enough, the OmegaPlex fatty acid supplement from AdvoCare got his highest possible recommendation. We carry this OmegaPlex fatty acid supplement in our online store HERE, if you wish to purchase it.
For best results, he says to take this supplement at breakfast time, and keep it stored in the fridge to keep it fresh. Taking fish oil caps with a meal helps prevent an unpleasant aftertaste that can occur if taken on an empty stomach.